Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Wave
Your not gonna believe this. I couldn't believe it anyway. I just watched a documentary on TV called, Earth: The Biography(The Atmosphere)in which they showed the cloud formation that passed over me. The one in the photo i called the wave. Sure enough they said that basically that's what it is. That it is caused by the interaction of humidity, temperature, and wind. They also mentioned that it travels around 25 miles an hour(mine seemed a little slower). They showed actual video of it moving and it moved exactly like the wave cloud that passed over me(kind of a rolling motion like a wave). That is so awesome! I wish i could find a video online somewhere to link to. Also since i have other photos of the same cloud(i only posted the one) I may go ahead and post the other shots i took that morning.
I can still feel the feeling it caused in me when it passed in and out of my early morning walk. The wave in me, the feeling in me. Awww how sweet... lol.

UPDATE:
Ok i found a video. I guess they have them sorta semi-regular in one particular place in Australia - Australia's Gulf of Carpentaria, near the town of Burketown. They call them Morning Glory's. Cool name, especially since thats when i saw mine. I wonder if they are very common in the US? Maybe i saw the first one, lol. Ok well maybe i saw one of the rarer ones. Well anyway the video looks exactly like what came over me except the one i saw was a lot lower to the ground. In the video towards the end it shows a smooth one. That looks exactly like the one i saw.
Well i guess we have come to the conclusion of my Wave/Morning Glory. Didn't someone used to say Mornin' Glory to us when we were kids? hmmm...

Here's The Video:

No comments: