Saturday, September 14, 2002

Lost words...
I looked at the date of my last post and noticed its been about a month since i have written anything. But thats not to say i haven't thought about writing. I think of words or phrases or ideas all the time. Especially at work, where its just so easy to distract myself. But often i get a phrase or paragraph to express an idea or feeling and not that its perfect by any means but it expresses exactly what i wanted. Then at that point i can't add to it. The words for me at least fit too good together to add more. But maybe someone else would like to try their hand at them. I offer them to you... just give me credit... an inspired by... something...


First one... and i wrote this down a few months ago is:

"I love the way she looks for me, when she walks into a room."

Its the look. The feeling of being connected to someone. The silent passion, the source of strength, the feeling of ease and comfort. The look that is mirrored in someone elses eyes. The overwhelming emotions that well up and fill me inside. Tears flow as we try to catch our breath. The look that Gwyneth Paltrow and Ben Affleck share in the movie Bounce. Or the way that Claire Forlani looks at Brad Pitt in the movie Meet Joe Black. I can't help but cry when i see those looks. I force the tears from my eyes when when i look at...


Lets go on to the next group of words. And they are... a paragraph actually. And based on something that actually happened... to me.

Here it is:


What time does the sun rise this morning?
How long 'til the birds start to sing?
Seems we've talked all night again my darling.
It's quickly become a regular thing.



You could actually replace my darling with a persons name but i will keep that name nameless. But it really did happen. And was one of those nights that one bases almost every other night, first meeting, and lost loves on. For good or bad it haunts me. Drifts in and out of my thoughts in every smile and every tear.


This last one is very recent. And one that i know i would never ever be able to finish. Hopefully someone can. The inspiration so to speak comes from my attempt at writing a childs prayer. Something to say as they lay down to sleep. I didn't even come close to thinking of a new one. All i came up with was one sentence. But i seem to say or think of this sentence alot lately. I don't know why.


... and with a single beat of an angels wings, she rises up to heaven.

No comments: